Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Love Affair with Kroger

Becoming a stay-at-home mommy means one income.  Therefore I am constantly looking for ways to save money. About a year ago, I started using coupons.   I started following a few blogs to find out how to match up coupons with the sales.  It was really easy at first, and I was saving about $20 a week on groceries and toiletries.

Then the TLC Extreme Couponing show came out and stores started changing their policies with coupons.  Even my beloved Kroger started limiting the number of coupons you could double...until I found that not all Kroger stores have the same policy.   My new Kroger store doubles any coupon up to $1.00.  Last week, they had a lot of items that were 10 for $10, so I was able to use $0.50 coupons that doubled to make them FREE!  A few items were out of stock, but I was able to get a raincheck and get them on Sunday (after the sale was over).

Here is what I got for free:
(the boys had to get in the picture...big brother is always shirtless and little brother likes to follow)
  • 5 - Pack of Ivory Soap (3 bars in each pack)
  • 1 - Ivory BodyWash
  • 6 - Crest Toothepaste
  • 6 - Dawn Dishsoap (1 pictured...they were out, so I used a raincheck and got them later)
If you would like to learn more about couponing, visit my favorite blogs on the sidebar.  Thankfully, they do all the work for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)