Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sample? Yes, Please!

If you have been following my blog for the past couple of weeks, you may have noticed my Mailbox Monday posts where I am sharing with fellow bloggers what I have received in my mailbox for free each week.  Some of you have wondered if it is worth the trouble of signing up for samples.  Yes! Here is why:


1. Who doesn't love getting mail?  As long as I am not getting bills, I love going to my mailbox and finding a nice surprise. 

2.  Samples many times include high value coupons...sometimes even for FREE items.  For example, I received coupon for a free box of feminine products with a sample pack. 


3.  When you unexpectedly run out of toiletry items, you always have a backup.   This past week, I took a shower and washed my hair, but when I went to grab the mousse I realized that it was empty.  If you know anything about me...then you know that I MUST have something to tame my wild curly hair! Luckily, I scoured my sample box and found a couple of samples for hair gel.  Whew!  Can you imagine my hair without it?  Those of you who have known me for a LONG time...think sixth grade. 

4.  Samples make great purse size products.  I have a Thirty One mini zipper pouch filled with sample lotions in my purse at all times.  Use them once and throw the package away.  I never have lotion spilled in my purse. 


5.  My kids love the sample cereal boxes to play with! 


6. It's free...need I say more?

Now, how do I get my free samples? Here are some companies that regularly send out free samples throughout the year:
  • Walmart
  • Target
  • Vocalpoint  (my favorite!  I have gotten TONS of free products from this company...all you have to do is review the product.  Simple!)
  • All You  Features Daily Free Sample 
  • Facebook  Like the Companies that produce the products that you buy...I am always getting free samples. 
In addition, I follow money saving blogs, such as, Money Saving Mom, A Frugal Friend, My Springfield Mommy, and  Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy.  These blogs regularly update when there are great deals and samples to be had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)