Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My CVS Addiction

I so wish I would have discovered CVS years ago.  I just started frequenting CVS in the past year, and I must say that I am addicted!  I thought I would share my transaction from my late Saturday night visit (after the kiddos were in bed).  Maybe you will be inspired to check out CVS.

***quick note...as I was snapping the picture of this, I heard my husband chuckling in the living room.  He thinks I am ridiculous for sharing my shopping adventures...what do you think?  

Here is what I purchased for $10.91 out of pocket, plus I received $6.99 in ECB to spend next time:


Here is how I did it:

  • First of all, if you go to CVS late on Saturday in my area, you are able to take advantage of the current week's sales and the sales that will start on Sunday.  Sometimes last week's items are sold out, but CVS will give you a rain check that NEVER expires for the item.  
  • I bought 4 Dawn dish soaps that were priced $0.99 each, but I had four $0.75 off coupons.  So I only spent $1 for all four.
  • Then, I picked up 5 Suave deodorants that were priced at $0.99 and I had five $0.75 off coupons which brought the total of these to $0.25 each or $1.25 for all five. 
  • I was able to get a free pack of Jumbo Huggies diapers because I had bought six jumbo packs in the past two months (having two diapers...we go through a ton!).  A coupon printed out at the red coupon center in the store.  
  • The Carefree liners were on sale for $1.00 with a $1.00 ECB.  So these would be "free", but I also had a $0.50 manufacturer's coupon.  Even better than free!  
  • I picked up 1 Hershey's bar and 1 Hershey's Air Delight.  I had a coupon for buy one Hershey's bar get 1 Air Delight Free.  So I spend $1.19 for both...Plus I got $0.99 ECB to spend next time. 
  • Next, I got two Skintimate Shave Creams that were on sale for $1.99.  I had manufacturer's coupons for $1 off and paired that with the $1 off CVS coupon that I printed from the CVS website.  Therefore both of these were FREE!  
  • Then, I got the Shick Quatro Intuition cartridges for $8.99.  I used a $2 manufacturer's coupon.  This purchase also gave me $4.00 back in ECB.  
  • Finally, I bought a gallon of milk for $2.79 and got a $1.00 ECB. 
  • In addition, I used a $5 off of $30 coupon that was emailed to me this week from CVS.  
 Pretty good, wouldn't ya say?  It says that I saved $45.42 on my receipt with the sales and coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)