Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Private Selection Frozen Tasty Treats...Try them out!


We all know how crazy life can be especially during the holidays, so I jumped at the chance to get a break from cooking by trying out some fabolous frozen treats by Private Selection.  As a Bzz Agent, I was given three coupons to sample three products from Private Selection's new line of frozen foods.  For those of you who are not familiar with this brand, you can purchase this at your local Kroger

We had made the choice to stay in on New Year's Eve, so I thought that this would be the perfect night to try something new.  I was giving a coupon for 1 free appetizer, 1 free pizza, and 1 free dessert.  Since my whole family loves Mexican food, I decided that the Southwestern Style Chicken trumpets would be our pick for the appetizer.   Of course, the trumpets were not complete without a dollop of sour cream.  These were yummy...and did not last more than 2 minutes.  Literally.  We devoured them.  Thank goodness we had a delicious pepperoni pizza in the oven.  One thing we particulary liked about the pizza was the sweet sauce.  However, it was also on the small side and the thin, flaky crust got a little too done.  I was wishing that we would have been a bit more adventous and tried out one of the other combinations like the BBQ Chicken or the Margherita.  Finally, we finished off the night with a warm apple crisp from the oven topped with vanilla ice cream.  DELISH! 

The number one thing I enjoyed about these treats was the effortlessness!  (is that even a word?)  It was so simple which is what every busy mother needs.  Besides being easy, they were tasty!  One complaint that I have is the small sizes.  It says that it was meant for two people, but I could easily have devoured every single trumpet, the entire pizza, and both apple crisps.  Overall, I would purchase these again, IF there is a good sale on them and I have a coupon to match.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)