Friday, February 10, 2012

29 Day Organizational Challenge: Week 1 Update


I shared with you last week the dreadful before pictures of my basement.  Well, I made SOME progress this week.   I was hoping for a lot more, but I have come to the realization that I have Adult ADD.   Let me explain...

First, I started with the closet in my basement by taking EVERYTHING out.  Then, I put back in what I wanted to stay.


The hard part was doing something with the "stuff" that I took out.  This is where my ADD started kicking in.  Once I started putting everything away, I found NEW places to organize.   For example, I found a bunch of CVS bags with toiletries that I had gotten super cheap and needed to put them with the rest of the stockpile in my bathroom closet.  However, this is what I found in my bathroom closet: 


What did I do?  Well, I started organizing this area.  While organizing this area I had a great idea...why not get ride of some of my stockpile and put together a care package for my niece who just moved into her first apartment? So....I started creating a care package.  Do you see my ADD kicking in? 


Well, at least something got accomplished.  I did end up getting rid of excess clutter by creating the care package, but I now have another project started that I must complete! Oh, and my niece was thrilled and I am now the #1 Aunt!  

Now...back to my basement!  I am going to get my butt in gear for Week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)