Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Potty Training Success?

Well, it's been almost three weeks since Little Bro gave up the diapers.  In retrospect, it really hasn't been too bad.  This past weekend was a great one.  My sweet little guy finally went #2 in the potty!  He was so excited, as was I, and we celebrated with an ice cream cone. 


Really, I am really happy with his progress.  He basically has #1 down and is holding it and remembering to go on his own.  However, sometimes he will be stubborn or too into playing and won't make it to the potty.  When we got home from running errands today, he jumped out of the van and immediately ran outside to play and refused to go potty which resulted in an accident.  He didn't want me to see, so he quickly went up to the bathroom and took off his pants and underwear.  I came upstairs to see what the deal was and he was "hiding" in his toy box.  I asked him why he didn't have his underwear on and he wouldn't look me in the eye.  By this time I had already started dinner, so instead of busting his chops, I decided to let it go.  However, when I went upstairs a second time to check on him because he was being too quiet, this is what I found... 


I think this is God's way of telling me to stop pushing him.  He is just a sweet innocent young boy.  He'll get it...sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)