Thursday, September 13, 2012

Progresso Recipe Starters Review

 

Trying to prepare dinner with three little ones running around can be quite challenging these days. Recently,  I was given the chance to try out the new Progresso Recipes Starters from Bzz Agent, and I jumped on it!


Anything to make my life a bit easier!  I was given the choice of five different flavors:  Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce, Cream Three Cheese Sauce, Creamy Portabella Sauce, Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce, and Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce.  I settled on the Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce.


Next was trying to decide what to make with it!  Remember, I am a frozen pizza kind of mommy, so really anything that takes a lot of effort can be a bit intimidating.  Progresso made it easy for me...I found a recipe on the back of the can! There are also many recipes available on their website. 


This was actually very simple to make!  It took less than 30 minutes to make, which makes me a happy momma.  Here was my end result...


So what do I think about Progresso Recipe Starters? 

Well, I wasn't blown away with the Creamy Alfredo Chicken.   It was okay. Not disgusting...but nothing spectacular.  I like the idea of the recipe starters.  I think they would save the average person time in the kitchen, but I am not sure that it would be something that I would purchase frequently.  I have picked out a few other recipes from the Progresso website that I am hoping will be a big hit.  The Chicken Enchiladas look tasty.  Then, I will wait for a sale and combine it with a coupon.  Speaking of coupons...anyone want 75¢ off a can?  I have a few coupons left to share! 

Note:  I was given a can of Progresso Recipe Starters for free to sample as a Bzz Agent.  All my opinions are truly my own.  No compensation was given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)