Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why I Splurge On Professional Photography

One of my most treasured things in this life are my photographs. If my house was burning down, I would grab my children & hubby then run back in to grab my photographs.  My mother was also very sentimental and kept a lot of items and pictures of my childhood.  I love to open the tote and look through everything once in awhile. My children love seeing pictures of mom when she was a little girl.   With nine children, I know that it was difficult to keep up with taking pictures, but my mother always managed to get a family picture every year.  I would like to continue the tradition with my family.  In the years past, I have tried several attempts to snap a family picture or pictures of my children as they reach certain age levels, but I always seem to fail.  Usually one child is smiling, while the other is looking away.  Or I can't get them to sit still.  It is always to frustrating and I end up giving up.

Over the years, I have realized that is worth my money and my sanity to splurge on professional photography. I am lucky enough to have found a great photographer just around the corner. Literally.  She lives around the corner.  Michelle, from Photography by Michelle, was my photographer for our wedding in 2004.  We loved her so much that when we had Big Brother, we had her photograph his newborn pictures.  He was just a month old and I remember thinking how beautiful and tiny he was, but as he grew I quickly forgot about him as newborn. Thankfully, I have beautiful pictures to take me back to that time again.  I continued to use Michelle for all my babies.  She has a great package called "A Baby Story" where she captures all the different stages during the 1st year: newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year.  I got back Addilyn's 1st year pictures and I was in love with them.  In fact, she did such a great job that I can hardly choose which ones to purchase!  What do you think?

I love how she captured the tutu and her cute little bum.

Getting her to sit still was impossible, but what a great shot.  I love this one! 

It's amazing what a professional picture will capture. 

Getting a close up of her beautiful face would be impossible without Michelle!

We were able to snap a few pictures inside as well.  

 Michelle always goes the extra mile and tries to coordinate with my outfits.  Don't you love the fake purple wall and white baseboard?  The balloons were a great idea for her 1st birthday shots, but Addilyn wouldn't stop trying to eat them!  

 Another great perk of a professional photographer...cute chairs like this!  

Love the rolls! 

I can't imagine that Sears or Walmart would take the time and make the extra effort that Michelle does.  If you are ever in the market for family pictures, or baby pictures, I encourage you to check out her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)