Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Get Fit in 2013 and Look Good Doing it!

There's not doubt about it...I am OUT OF SHAPE!  One of my main goals this year is to lose some weight.  I am a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's wedding in May and I will be wearing a short strapless dress.  Yes...that's right.  I am thinking that I will look awesome in it...when I lose about 50 lbs!  I have made the commitment to start working out and my hubby is even going to purchase either a gym membership or an Elliptical machine for my birthday coming up in a few weeks.  So since, I will be sweating it out...I will be needing some workout clothes.

OLD NAVY to the rescue!  As a member of the CrowdTap community, I was one of the lucky participants to sample the new ActiveWear from Old Navy.  Not only was I able to try on and KEEP an outfit from Old Navy, but I was able to bring a friend along!


When my friend Kim and I arrived at the store, we were a little overwhelmed with the amount of customers in the store.  It was a couple days after Christmas, so we thought that the crowds would have been gone by then, but we were wrong.  Surprisingly, the store was not a complete disaster. In fact it was rather easy to find what we were looking for.  We browsed the ActiveWear section for a while and grabbed several tops and bottoms to try on.  This particular top really caught my eye...


I love the color, but just my luck, they did not have my size.  However, I found several other fun, springy colors to try on. 


In addition to the great colors, Old Navy had several different styles to choose from.  There were pull-overs, full zips, half zips, camis, sports bars, and hoodies.  We tried on the following tops in several colors: 



In addition to the great variety of tops, were were also able to try on several different styles of pants.  I was drawn immediately to the black pants.  Slimming, right?  However, I don't think the tight fitting leggings are my style...maybe if I was a runner?


Ultimately, I ended up choosing the Women's Active Compression Jacket in Carbon and the Bootcut Yoga Pants.  Kim picked the same pants and top, but in the Retro Violet.  We both love the slim fit of the top.  In fact, Kim convinced me to go a size down so when I lose a little weight it will still be fitting and slimming.  The larger top was a bit baggy.  The top also has thumb holes, which I thought gave it a little unique flair.  The yoga pants are SOOO comfy.  I would wear them every day if I could!!!  What do you think? 


Right now Old Navy is having a sale online...so check it out and see if you can score some deals!  Thank you so much to Crowdtap and Old Navy for this awesome opportunity!  Love my ActiveWear!

Note:  Although, I was given these items for free, I was not paid to write this blog post.  All opinions are truly my own.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)