Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our 4th of July Feast...Kroger Fried Chicken!


We have been celebrating the 4th of July quite a bit this week. We watched Fireworks on Sunday at my brother's house.  Wednesday we went to my in-laws for a cookout and watched fireworks.  Both nights were a lot of fun, but our kids were up to 10:00 both nights.   So when the actual day arrived, we just wanted to stay home and relax.  I didn't want to cook, but we didn't want to spend a lot of money eating out.  Then, I remembered this fabulous Bzz Kit that I had received with coupons for FREE Fried Chicken, chips, and soda from Kroger.  SCORE!   I quickly made a call to Kroger to place an order for my chicken.  Typically, if you go into Kroger they always have an eight piece chicken ready for purchase in the deli.  I knew that everyone else would be having picnics and I wanted to be sure that they would have some left!  When I got there at 5:30 to pick it up, it was hot and ready for me!  I also used my other coupons to pick up more freebies.  Here is my haul...
My children were all smiles when I arrived with all there favorites: Sprite, Fried Chicken & Barbecue Chips!  We dug right into the fried chicken...
Each 8 piece comes with 2 breasts, 2 legs,  2 thighs, and 2 wings.  Wasn't sure how long this would last with my big eaters, but my boys each had a leg, and then I split a chicken breast between the two of them.  The Chicken Breasts were huge! (if you are like me, you might chuckle a bit).  But seriously, they were.  I took a thigh and shared some of it with baby sis.  Dad grabbed a breast and a thigh.  In the end, we only had 2 wings left.  The chicken was delicious!  It was crispy and greasy...just like fried chicken should be! 
With a little help from Kroger, we were able to throw together a great meal for our 4th of July.  In addition to the freebies that I received in my Bzz Kit. I purchased Kroger Southern Style potato salad, made a ranch dip for Kroger carrots and we were set.  EASY and yummy! 
I even the surprised the kids with some yummy 4th of July cupcakes from the Kroger bakery.

Overall, it was a great meal and very easy on the pocketbook!  The fried chicken was on sale for $4.99, but regular price was $7.99.  The chips were $2.00 and the Sprite was $1.00.  As a Bzz Agent, I was given them for all FREE, but these were great prices!  I picked up a few extras like the potato salad ($3.99) and the cupcakes ($1.99 for six).  This is definitely a great dinner option for us!  We will buy Kroger Fried Chicken again.  It was delicious, affordable and super easy on mom!

Note: I received this sample as a Bzz Agent in hopes that I would share my honest opinion of this product, no compensation was received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)