Monday, March 17, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles


This is one of my favorite meals.  It is simple.  It is yummy.  It is NOT healthy.  Sometimes we just need a little comfort food, and this is definitely the recipe that I go to. 

Original Recipe:

2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cans of Chicken Broth (14.5 oz)
1/2 Cup of Butter
1 Package of Split Chicken Breasts (Usually 4 halves in a package)
1 24 oz package or Reames Egg Noodles (Must be this brand)

Cook chicken breasts, butter, soup and broth on low for 6 hours in crock pot. Pull chicken, then add Reames noodles. Cook another 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Salt and pepper to taste.

Changes I made: 

* I just use frozen chicken breasts...usually 3 for a full batch and 2 small if I halve it.
* I added a little chopped carrots and celery.  It makes you feel a little better about eating it.
* I added my salt and pepper to the crock pot when putting it all in.
* My noodles didn't take as long to cook. 
* Keep extra chicken broth handy if it gets too thick for your liking.

This makes a huge batch.  For our family of five,  I can get two meals out of it.  It is so tasty that my entire family will eat the leftovers.

***Special shout out to my sister-in-law Heather for sharing the recipe with me.***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)